Phaion AG is a global lead generation and web publishing company headquartered in Ruggell, Liechtenstein that, together with its subsidiaries spanning three continents, aims to be a market leader. We strive for continuous organic growth, while at the same time actively executing a strategy of acquiring companies and assets that expand our brand portfolio and geographic reach. Through a hands-on, long-term investment approach the company creates value through growing and diversifying into new product verticals and regions.
Promethiem and its companies are ambitious and disruptive and have investments and subsidiaries around the world with longstanding and successful strategic partnerships.
About the role
The Corporate Accountant is primarily responsible for accounts payable, accounts receivable, related postings in the subledger and general ledger, as well as other accounting tasks as required under the guidance of the Accounting Manager.
The Corporate Accountant is a key member of the accounting team. She/he is the second level check in the corporate control system. Ensuring purchasing processes and approvals have been followed by maintaining data integrity including line coding, vendor/customer set up and payment processing. The individual in this role must have a generalized knowledge of full cycle accounting.
Key responsibilities include:
- Accounting and clerical tasks related to the efficient maintenance and processing of all transactions
- Assist with monthly / quarterly / annual statutory filing and internal reporting
- Invoice submission through the procurement system (Jira)
- Maintenance, reconciliation of accounts receivable and accounts payable records
- Maintain expenses and process the timely reimbursement of employee expenses
- Assist in maintenance of vendor files including vendor terms and contact details
- Support the Accounting Manager with closing the monthly management accounts in line with group policies and timetable.
- Perform regular (Monthly ) Balance Sheet reviews
- Prepare the Weekly Cash report (bank reconciliation and 3 months Cashflow),
- Provide support, where required, to ensure efficiency and effectiveness of departmental goals and requirements
- Maintain department files and databases as appropriate
- Support the Accounting Manager with Local and Group related audit matters
- Work with procurement to ensure timely payment processing
You will need to have:
- University degree, or experience in a similar role (at least 2 years)
- Advanced Business Level in English and German, both oral and written
- Ability to work as a team player in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent communication, organization and proactive skills, paying attention to detail
- Intermediate knowledge with MS Office – Word, Excel, Outlook
- Previous experience with Microsoft Dynamics 365 would be a plus
- Knowledge of IFRS (SMEs) is a plus
What we offer
We offer a seat on the rocket ship of a dynamic team in a fast-growing company in the technology space.
- Working in a modern office in Ruggell, technologically well-equipped
- International, friendly and inclusive multi-cultural environment with an employee well-being focus
- Learning and growth opportunities every day
- Sociable working environment with regular company events
- An exceptional pension fund plan
- Excellent social insurance benefits