The Gnomon Capital Group (GCG) is a global investment company with investments focused on technology, fintech, software development and data networking. Its portfolio and subsidiary companies include some of the world’s most dynamic entertainment brands. Headquartered in Vaduz, Liechtenstein, the company has overall approximately 1,100 employees which includes subsidiaries worldwide in Switzerland, the UK, around Europe and elsewhere.
As a Compliance Officer working with the Finance team you will be responsible for providing support/ insights in all compliance related matters and directly support the CFO and Finance team. The monitoring activities are part of the legal regulatory requirements. The role will alert further steps in compliance control and due diligence analysis and helping the management team to make informed decisions.
This position requires limited International travel.
What you will do
- Participation and Compliance projects
- Drafting and implementing group-wide policies
- Identifying, assessing, mitigating and reporting Compliance risks
- Conduct periodic assessments of compliance risks associated with banking operations
- Monitoring of Compliance Controls
- Ensuring stable banking for the group companies incl. diversification of bank relationships
- Reporting to the management
- Pro-active communication and relationship management with financial institutions
- Handling of compliance-related requests from financial institutions, customers and other third parties (KYC and client data updates, providing explanations and documentation related to ownership, business activities and transactions)
- Supporting the Mergers & Acquisitions team
- Supporting the Legal team
- Obtaining and managing corporate documents
- Compliance training and consulting of employees
- Pre-approving of certain transactions according to the respective policies
What you will bring
- A min of 5 years experience in the financial sector, preferably banking.
- A good understanding of the challenges that businesses face with financial institutions.
- Bachelor degree or higher in finance/economics or law
- Experience in or curiosity for blockchain and other new technologies
- Structured, independent and precise working manner
- Ability to work under pressure, manage own goals and set up priorities
- Open minded, solution oriented and team player attitude
- Be a driven learner, capable of identifying your own areas of self-development and then leveraging the team’s expertise to build your analytical knowledge and skills
- Be a patient & capable teacher, able to effectively train employees in compliance-related issues and consult other teams
- Have proven experience of understanding and solving business problems
- Be an experienced communicator, able to communicate complex matters in a clear and comprehensible way
- Experience in Business Intelligence, reporting & visualization tools
- Data management, manipulation and analysis skills
The above list of duties is not exclusive or exhaustive and the post holder will be required to undertake tasks that are reasonably expected within the scope and grading of the post.
The following signatures indicate that this job description has been discussed thoroughly with the employee and the employee agrees that the job description constitutes the terms of employment.