Promethiem is mainly responsible for technology licensing and commercialisation. Promethiem is part of a tech group working with companies across software engineering, gaming, publishing/affiliate marketing, information, blockchain, storage, and security. And our experience is as wide as the businesses we work with.
As integral part of Promethiem is an M&A team that works similar to an internal consultancy/advisory department. Identifying potential acquisition targets, analysing and valuing businesses, negotiating with sellers, preparing due diligence and integration reports, reviewing SPAs are core responsibilities of the M&A team.
In this position, you will be responsible for the analytical review of Deal opportunities, and contribute to the assessment and execution of M&A projects. This includes interface with other colleagues involved in Deals, such as legal, accounting, taxes, and divisional experts; plan and execute data gathering on targets and information channels; involvement in development of commercial case and corresponding assumptions; model and perform comprehensive multi-criteria company valuations, including pro-forma impact analysis. You will be reporting to one of the senior M&A managers located in Baar/ZG.
To be successful in your role, you will need excellent organizational and communication skills, great attention to detail and the ability to balance competing priorities.
- Manage international M&A projects with focus on technology industry (strategically motivated acquisitions)
- Manage complex deal processes with many stakeholders and multidisciplinary projects and business plans
- Assist in preparing questions about financials that will be used during the negotiations
- Create and design financial models by using a wide range of research tools for market and company analysis
- Coordinate with external consultants and advisors e.g. lawyers, tax consultants or other advisors as the case may be on particular deals
- Take responsibility for identifying new business opportunities and using an extensive network to elaborate on these
- Foreseeing future trends and developments and adapt quickly by continuously learning from each other and by means of continuous training
- Manage and develop further team members from the M&A team
- Identify and specify areas where automation is possible, on both the due diligence and risk process sides
- Excellent academic background and degree from a top tier university/business school in Accounting, Finance or Economics; Chartered Financial Analyst or public accounting designation is an asset
- Ideally 3-4 years professional M&A experience, coming from investment banking or the Big 4 or similar position in an internal M&A Team
- Great understanding of the entire deal cycle from origination to completion
- Strong financial modelling skills demonstrated by ability to build and review complex models. Strong analytical skills and high attention to detail
- Great project management and coaching skills
- Strong interest in the tech industry and passion for deals
- Innovative ideas and start-up like mentality
- High motivation, commitment and ready to go the extra mile
- Ability to prioritize, work under pressure and manage multiple tasks while maintaining quality at all times
- A team player with strong intellectual curiosity and willingness to learn new skills
- Excellent communication skills in English, any additional language is a plus
- Valid working permit for Switzerland
Whats in it for you
We offer you a seat on the rocket ship of a dynamic team in a fast-growing company in the technology space.
- International, friendly and inclusive multi-cultural environment with an employee well-being focus
- Dynamic and young team with flexible working conditions
- Sociable working environment with regular company events
- An exceptional pension fund plan
- Excellent social insurance benefits
- 25 days of paid annual leave per year, plus an additional 6 week sabbatical leave for every four years of service
- Work from anywhere 4 weeks a year
- Working in a brand new, ultra-modern office in Baar, who are technologically well-equipped for home office flexibility